Daily read 17, we are finishing up on Awaken The Giant Within, today will be the last chapter and its on Identity : the key to expansion! Hope you guys enjoyed the book as much as i do. Tomorrow i will be sharing another awesome book! So stay tuned! Do drop a feedback in the comment section if there is another book you wish for me to share! So here will be the 10 points for today!
1. what we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are. If you ever told yourself “I could never do that” or “i am just not that kind of person” then you have run up against the barriers of limited identity.
2. The beliefs that we use to define our own individuality, what makes us unique, good, bad or indifferent from other individuals. And our sense of certainty about who we are creates the boundaries and limits within which we live.
3. If you feel that you are not an outgoing, outrageous person, you will tap the resources of behaviors that match your identity. Wheather you see yourself as a wimp or a wild man, a winner or a wallflower your will instantly shape which capabilities you access.
4. Time and again researchers have shown that students capabilities are powerfully impacted by the identities they develop for themselves as the result of teachers belief in their level of intelligence. Studies shown, a kid is labeled as gifted by the teacher, these children will normally be the top achievers in their class. Even those who have previously been labeled as poor student.
5. We all will act consistently with our views of who we truly are, whether that view is accurate or not. The reason is that one of the strongest forces in human organism is the need for consistency.
6. A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. We all have a need for a sense of certainty. Most people have tremendous fear of the unknown. Uncertainty implies the potential of having pain strike us.
8. Valijean stole the priest silver wares even thou the priest helped him out when he was in trouble. When being caught by the police Valijean was brought back to the priest. The priest said Valjean didn’t stole the silverware but it was a gift from the priest and he actually missed out 2 silver candlesticks. Why would the priest believe in Valjean? The priest said, he was his brother, that Valjean no longer belonged to evil, that he was an honest man and a child of God. This massive pattern interrupt changes Valjean’s identity.
9. So who are you really?
10. Are you a millionaire? A you a happy person? A you someone who empower people? Are you someone who think you are fat? Or Are you someone who think i am a healthy person? Many people have given themselves the identity that they are a fat person. Its not the fat that make them fat but the identity they stick to believing that they are fat that causes them to stay that way. So Who are you really?
I think, therefore i am – Rene Descartes
Hope you taken something out to use from this 10 points today! Stay Charged Be Cool You are Awesome!
As always if you need the book you can always click the link below so i can earn some affiliates $! Cheers!