My first barefoot shoe, So far this shoe has been with me for quite some time already and i must say the quality of the shoe is really good.
i ran a 42km with it, quite a number of 10km and 20km as well for about 2 years and i am still using it now.
You may find it hard to put on in the beginning, as your toes are not that flexible yet. After a few times it will get better. I used this for Lifting, running even doing strongman training i am using this!
Overall I must say this shoe is really durable and easy to bring around any one who is interested to try barefoot running. Please give it a try!
I would really like to review more barefoot shoes in the future!
From left to right 68kg, 72kg, 70kg, 72kg, 71kg
First photo was taken around last year march. I just started working at NutriFirst and I wanted to get a better body.
2 months later I bulk up to 72kg and subsequently i continued bulking to 74kg by eating like 3000 calories everyday with the help of pass gainers and a lot of food. I don’t really watch my diet but i try to avoid deep fried food, high sugar (canned drinks) or processed food (hotdog, MacDonald)
3rd photo was after the standard chartered marathon in 2012. That time i drop my weight all the way to 68 kg for the run. It was pretty easy for me to lose muscle weight, i stop eating high amount of calories and totally stop lifting weights for one month and I drop about 6kg. After the marathon i started doing my usual bulking but this time, i did not use a mass gainer as i am able get my calories from food alone. 4th photo is around MAY.
The last photo is the most recent one for 2 July 2013. Where i started my intermittent fasting.
Recently i am really addicted to getting more vascular.
How can you get more veins to show?
- high protein low carb diet
shred more fats
- it will help your body to use more fats as energy instead of using carbs. This is especially helpful is you workout fasted in the morning, working fasted in the morning is said to be able to increase fat burn by 20% more than normal workout timing!
take some Nitric Oxide supplement like arginine product
- the main reason why your veins is showing is because your fats is thinning out. you hardly see fat people with veins right.
Lift heavy ass weight with proper form
- Arginine is a vasodilator. it helps to relax the blood vessel and increase blood flow.
- if you are lifting heavy with proper form you will be putting the muscle under a more stressful environment in turn tearing more muscle fiber. To recover yourself during workout the body will call more blood to flow to that particular muscle group (the pump). therefore it creates more vascularity.
Doing intermittent fasting for 16(fasted)/8(feast) hour or sometimes 18/6 hour. I dont have a fix plan it really depends on how hungry i feel each day.
i really do feel more vascular now and more definition is coming out. weight did increase by a bit.
but normally we dont only go by how much weight you increased, it is not that accurate become what we want now is only muscle gain.
muscle gain and fat lost so weight will be hover around the same. if my prediction is right, after dropping a few more percentage of body fat, we weight should start to rise. Shall see how it goes!
All the best people.