Today’s Daily Read : How to get from where you are to where you wanna be. The 25 Principles of Success by – Jack Canfield
1) Everyone is born with a life purpose. Identifying, acknowledging, and honoring this purpose are probably the most important action successful people take.
2) Without a purpose in life, it’s easy to get side tracked on your life’s journey. It’s easy to wander and drift, accomplishing little.
3) To be on a purpose means, doing what you love to do, doing what you are good at and accomplishing what’s important to you.
4) Decide upon your major definite purpose in life and then organize all your activities around it.
5) Without purpose as the compass to guide you, your goals and action plans may not ultimately fulfill you. You don’t want to get to the top of the ladder only to find out you had it leaning up against the wrong wall. Many times we fall into the dreams of our parents, want us to be a vet or a doctor. In the end we realize that’s not what we want to do and that’s not what make us happy.
6) The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you want. Think about it as you now found a magic lamp and you are given chances to make a wish what will you wish for?
7) Stop settling for less than you want. You will have to stop saying “I don’t care, it doesn’t matter to me or the current favorite of teenagers, whatever. Ask yourself, If I did know, what would it be? If I did care, which would I prefer? If it did matter, what would I rather do?
8) Always dream big dreams. Big dreams attract big people. The difference between super achiever and normal is that super achiever dream big.
9) Don’t let anyone talk you out of your vision. They will tell you that you are crazy and that it can’t be done. There will be those who will laugh at you and try to bring you down to their level. Don’t listen to those dream stealers.
10) When Monty was in high school, his teacher gave the class the assignment to write about what they wanted to do when they grew up. Monty wrote that he wanted to own his own 200 acre ranch and raise thoroughbred race horses. His teacher gave him a F and explained that the grade reflected that he deemed his dream unrealistic. When he offered Monty the chance of rewriting his paper for a higher grade, Monty told him, “You keep the F; I am keeping my dream” (good job son!) And today Monty owns his 154 acre flag is up farms in solvang, California, raises thoroughbred racehorses and train hundreds of hourse trainers In a more humane way to “join up” with and train horses.
The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it – Michelangelo
If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want., and all that is left is a compromise. – Robert Fritz.
As always you can get the book here from Amazon or download kindle apps on your ipad and buy from the web!Thank you for Reading! Hope I can bring more value to your life! Leave a comment and let me know what other topic I should write about!