Principle 1, we are going to be responsible to everything we do in our life. You must take personal responsibility, you cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. – Jim Rohn
1. One of the most pervasive myths in the American culture today is that we are entitled to a great life. Like so in Singapore our generation now believe that life should be easy and we can always take the easy way out. When things don’t go our way we often blame everything except our self.
2. So first to change we need to understand that there is only one person responsible for the quality of the life you live. That person is you. Stop hiding behind your parents back and grow up.
3. Story : A man lost his keys, so he was looking under the streetlamp. So another man came along and asked what is he searching for, he said he lost his key. So the both of them continue searching that area for hours. The other guy said are you sure you lost it here? He replied “No, I lost it in my house, but there is more light out here under the streetlamp.” Its funny, but we all do this all the time.
4. When asked if you are willing to take 100% responsibility of your life, many might say I think so. We often let our self go easily but not taking a stand. However to succeed in life, there is only YES, OR NO.
5. 99% of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses
6. If something doesn’t turn out as planned, you will ask yourself, How did I create that? What was I think? What were my beliefs? What did I say or not say? What did I do or not do to create that result? How did I get the other person to act this way? What do I need to do differently next time to get the result I want?
7. You can blame the economy, the weather, the lack of money. However if these were the deciding factor, nobody would ever succeed.
8. Lots of people overcome these so called limiting factors, so it can’t be the limiting factors that limit you. It is not the external conditions and circumstances that stop you, it is you!
9. In a traffic jam, a CNN reporter interviewed the first car, he said I hate California, first there were fires, then floods, and now an earthquake! No matter what time I leave in the morning, I am going to be late for work, I cant’t believe it. Second car responds were slightly different, he said, its no problem, I left my house at 5am, I don’t think under the circumstances my boss can ask for more than that. I have lots of music cassettes and I got my cell phone. I have coffee in a thermos and my lunch. I even brought a book to read. So I am fine. Its not the rain, but its learning how to dance in the rain.
10. Everything you experience today is the result of choices you have made in the past. So if you keep doing what you are doing, you will keep getting the result you always got. So stop complaining, stop those excuses and its time to Take Charge!
As always you can get the book here from Amazon or download kindle apps on your ipad and buy from the web!