Today’s Daily Read : How to get from where you are to where you wanna be. The 25 Principles of Success by – Jack Canfield
The Secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small manageable task, and then starting on the first one. -Mark Twain.
1) Breaking difficult task into smaller pieces. First step : Consult someone who has already done what you want to do and ask what steps they took. Or you can purchase a BOOK or manual that outlines the process.
2) Its okay to ask for guidance, sometimes you can get it free, sometimes you just got to pay for it. Get used to asking!
3) Use mind mapping to identify what small steps needs to be taken.
4) Convert all items on the mind map to your daily to do list! Schedule them in order into your calendar and do whatever it takes to stay on schedule!
5) Eat the ugly frog first. It’s a system by Brian Tracy which simply means identify 5 of the most important task you need to accomplish today and choose 1 that you absolutely must do and do that first. That is the ugliest frog.
6) Plan your day the night before and your subconscious mind will work on these tasks all night long. You will be ahead of most people who wasted their morning clearing their desk, making lists, finding necessary paperwork.
7) One of the great things about living in todays world is that people in this world and most of the things have been documented in books, audio, video or seminars. Meaning if you want to be successful you can! If you want to have better relationship with your spouse, you can red a book on relationship. Take advantage of this information and follow the blueprint, use the system, and you will be on your way to success.
8) Some common reasons why we don’t seek out resources around us. 1. It never occurs to us. 2. Its inconvenient 3. Asking other for advice or information puts us up against our fear of rejection. 4. Connecting the dots in a new way would mean change and change is uncomfortable. 5. Connecting the dots means hard work, frankly nobody wants to work that hard.
9) Seek out a teacher, coach or mentor to help you achieve your major goals.
10) Ask someone if you can shadow them for a day and watch them work. Offer to be a volunteer, assistant, or intern for someone you think you can learn from.
As always you can get the book here from Amazon or download kindle apps on your ipad and buy from the web!