I got this question often from people, especially with people close to me. ” how can you eat so much but still stay so lean ” There is a few rules that i always follow for me to maintain my body.
- Do high intensity workout 2 to 3 times every week. if I workout on my own, I will include a lot of superset and giant set. If not I will attend iron fitness Singapore Wednesday or Saturday metabolic conditioning class.
- Watch the sugar in your drinks. Always try to go for zero sugar drink. Say no to Canned drinks, coke, green tea and yes fruit juice can add up a lot of sugar to your diet.
- if you know you are going to have a big meal that night, try skipping your breakfast and lunch if need to.
- Cut away processed food. Processed food is not recognized by your body, so it doesn’t get broken down properly. So it causes your body to be stress, stress causes a spike in cortisol. Processed food need less energy to break down, so if you want your body to burn more calories, consume natural unprocessed food.
- Sleep earlier. Not enough sleep can cause cortisol to rise and causes your body to store fat as well.
- Get your carbs from vegetables and fruits instead of rice and noodle.
- If possible always go for no sauce. Sauces contains a huge amount of sugar and sodium. Especially those gravy. Watch out for those.
- Take your fish oil. Fish oil helps with anti inflammation and recover you faster. This will help to keep your body in balance and less stress.
- Do fasted workout (empty stomach) take it slow in the beginning until your body get used to it.
- Train your bigger muscle if you don’t have time, legs, back, chest are your big muscle group. Train them well and see your metabolism rise.
Thank you for Reading! Hope I can bring more value to your life! Leave a comment and let me know what other topic I should write about!