Injury is something that nobody wants and are afraid of regardless if the person is a professional athlete or a working adult.
According to statistics, out of the 1.35 million youths that gets injured a year, more than 1/3 is due to strains or sprain! (Related article here. )
7 most common sports injury according to webmd.
- Ankle sprain
- Groin pull
- Hamstring strain
- Shin splints
- Knee injury: ACL tear
- Knee injury: Patellofemoral syndrome — injury resulting from the repetitive movement of your kneecap against your thigh bone
- Tennis elbow (epicondylitis)
Some of these injuries is caused by accident, however most of it is caused by muscular imbalanced. Muscle imbalanced is trigger point pulling its surrounding muscle which causes other part of the muscle group to be tight. The pulling spot is known as a trigger point, every one will have trigger point. Trigger point is form after muscle contract and a small area that is not able to relax back into the original state, causing a restriction in blood flow. Trigger point not treated after a long period of time get tighter and starts to affect the surrounding muscle group to be pulled.
There are a 2 ways to treat this, first you can go for a sports massage which will cost you average $90 to $150 an hour to get a deep tissue massage to release the trigger spot or you can LEARN how to perform a self myofascial release by attending the workshop conducted at Iron Fitness Singapore.
Some information about the Coach.
Rehab and Trigger Point Trainer
His knowledge and experience goes beyond physical training as he is a certified rehab trainer, allowing you to put your mind at ease as you’re always in good hands. The key to achieving fitness success fast lies in a coach who can take you there and is prepared for any situation.
Training is tough and while the results can be rewarding, it is also common that professional athletes suffer from injuries. Having a coach who understands your limits and able to execute recovery procedures is a definite must. And with his strong experience in trigger points, you can train and go all out without fear of injuries.
List of Certifications
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Level 2 Coaches Prep Course
- CrossFit Judges Course
- Australian Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Mix Martial Art Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Singapore Sports Council NCAP Coach
- Singapore Sports Council NCAP Olympic Lift Coach
- Rehab Trainer Course accredited by Australian Physiotherapy Association, ACE & Fitness Australian
- Master Rehab Trainer Course accredited by Australian Physiotherapy Association, ACE & Fitness Australian
- Trigger Point Performance Ultimate 6 Trainer
- Human Principles Introductory Sports Taping
- Human Principles Advanced Sports Taping
- Krav Maga Military / Law Enforcement Intensive Training Level 1
- SAA IAAF CECS Level 1 Youth Coach Course
- IAAF CECS Level 1 Youth Coach Course
- Singapore Sports Council Basic Exercise Course
- Singapore Sports Council Fitness Instructor Course
- Singapore Sports Council Certified Personal Trainer Course
- Singapore Sports Council Strength and Conditioning Course (Basic Level)
- Singapore Sports Council Basic Sports Massage Course
- Sport Nutrition ACE Approved Course
- Singapore National Climbing Standards Sport Climbing Certification Level 1 s/no 128353
- Singapore National Climbing Standards Sport Climbing Certification Level 2 s/no 204533
- ViPR Trainer Course
- ACE Fitness Kettlebell Training Course
- Fitness Anywhere – Certified TRX Suspension Trainer
All information gotten from http://ironfitnesssingapore.com.sg/coach-kelvin/ do visit them for more information.
Up Coming Workshop!
Date : 31 May 2014 (Saturday)
Time : 830am to 1030am (2hours)
Location : 783 North Bridge Road, Singapore 198751
Attire : gym attire (singlet and shorts is fine)
What you will learn :
During the workshop you will learn and apply the proper technique to release trigger point (hands on, its gonna be painful). Learn about how some common injuries occur and how to treat it (shin splints, tennis elbow, etc). Learn what causes you to feel pain. Best if you have any pain or problem in mobility, write it down! Coach will have a answer for you on the day of the workshop!
What you will receive :
1. Iron Fitness Singapore Tshirt *1
2. Iron Fitness Singapore Trial * 1
3. Guide to trigger point (workshop notes)
4. Trigger ball
5. Full 2 hours session to understand how to release trigger point correctly.
The workshop will cost $120 but for heechai.com reader you will only need to pay $100 for the workshop! Do email me at email@example.com if you are interested. Limited slot only (6pax per class)
Send in your application now to firstname.lastname@example.org!