There are a million reasons that you are unable to sleep or can’t get enough quality sleep, some may be due to stress, some can’t stop thinking about work, and many more. Some want to sleep but cant, due to the busy lifestyle trying to get a workout after work and a million of other task to complete we normally put sleep to the last. Hopefully this post can help you sleep better!
It is important to have enough sleep, there are many benefits for sleeping! It will improve your performance and think better during the day! We have different stages when we are sleeping, from stage 1 to stage 5 it will consider as 1 cycle, in 8 hours we will get 5 cycle! So the lesser time you have to sleep the lesser cycle you will get. We go thru the cycle from deep sleep to light and continue on back to deep and light. Deep sleep helps us to consolidate our memories and clear our mind and thoughts, helps with neural network strengthening to remember, learn and solve problem better and most importantly it increases blood flow to muscle and helps in tissue growth and repair! Sometimes when you are in deep sleep and someone tries to wake you up you will get a shock and you wake up feeling groggy and someday when you wake up at the right time, when you are in light sleep you feel fresh!
So you can say you have a million reason to push sleep to the last priority, but if you feel that you are losing focus on work and wish to change it, you need to sleep! Here are some ways to change the mindset!
Try to identify what your sleep belief ask yourself these questions! What are your thoughts when comes to sleeping? (Do you tell yourself sleep is not important?) What are your emotions when it comes to sleeping? (Do you tell yourself sleep is for the weak?) Hows your lifestyle affecting your sleep? (I need to stay up to party with friends).
Now with the sleep belief you can see more clearly why you are not prioritizing your sleep. What you need to do now is simply to change the Belief. Like for example, training hard, eating right is important but not sleeping well can stop your gains! Find a lot of research on how can sleep affect your recovery and gains! See what i did there, change your belief and you will prioritize will reset your priority.
Now we know what sleeping can help, we need to SLEEP now! but wait, i can’t fall asleep! So this is where Psyched comes in! Psyched has proven steps and method you can use to help you sleep better! Here are some of the methods they use.
If you are trying to sleep early but you can’t seem to do it try to change your sleeping environment! Use Dark curtains, make sure the room is quiet, comfortable bed sheets, pillows, mattress, blankets, using soothing wall color like blue, white, beige,green, Cool temperature, good air quality (all the air pollution now), aromatherapy (lavender) and remove clutter and distractions!
You can also Practice clearing your mind before going to bed! Things you can do include:
1. Write down your task for tomorrow
2. Write down anything that is bothering you and throw it away!
3. Talk it out with your friend
4. Relaxed body = relaxed mind
5. Keep work at work as much as possible
6. Disengage your brain 2 to 3h before bedtime
7. No work and overly mentally stimulating activies before bed!
If all else failed please seek professional help and contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Iron Fitness Singapore, Singapore first strength and conditioning gym review by Fitness blogger (heechai). **This is not one of those crossfit gym or box. I was invited by Anthony of Iron Fitness Singapore for a trial and to give a review on the gym. I wasn’t really sure if i am up for the training at Iron Fitness Singapore due to a few problem i have:
1. My back injury when i was doing bent over row about 6 months ago. I went to the hospital due to that, luckily no harm was done to my spine however my lower back muscle got really tight.
2. I was also squatting with knee pain and lower back strained at that time (mobility issue).
3. Shoulder and Neck muscle tightness due to lower back muscle pulling and of course from the high usage of computer.
At that time, the discomfort from my lower back is that bad that i needed a massage every 2 weeks.
First day of my trial its legs day, i told coach i couldn’t do it due to my back condition. But at Iron Fitness there is no skipping of training, no matter how you gotta complete the workout. However coach can tune the workout to suit individual level of fitness.
Coach patiently guided me along and showed me the proper way to do it. Because i was having problem squatting on a normal bar, my workout remains however i will be using a safety bar instead.
A safety bar squat will help to keep your body upright while you are squatting. Easier for you learn the movement of the squat.
After my first trial, i when on training at Iron Fitness Singapore for another 3 months without training at another gym. I am training there about 3 times a week on average and here are the results.
1. I was squatting pain free, and my squats increase from 110kg to 130kg. (20kg increased!)
2. Bench press increase from 110kg to 130kg. (20kg increased!)
3. Dead lift increase from 135kg to 161kg. (25kg increased!)
Just my thought on the difference between iron Fitness and other gym.
1. Going to the gym but not knowing what to do? Stuck with your workout and not seeing any progress? That won’t happen because Iron Fitness training changes every day. Knowledgable coach to guide you along and teach you how to train safely.
2. Hate going to gym where everyone looks tired and unfriendly. Not over here, everyone trains hard together and we bond as we work hard and achieve our goals together.
3. Train and train but don’t know if you are improving or doing the right thing? Your progress will be tracked every 3 months here! Of course consistent training is the key to improvement, if you skip training we will know at your fitness test day or 1 rep max day!
4. Worried that the weight is too heavy? Or you might kill yourself in your training? Progressive training, we go by % of our 1 rep max for our training. Ladies do the same as well! This ensure you are always training at your best and will see improvement every 3months!
Training at Iron Fitness is definitely tough but enjoyable. Most of the people at Iron Fitness has a full time job but everyday without fail they will turn up for training, it makes me wonder at first what motivates them to train there everyday. Then i realise it is the Coach love for all his athlete. Regardless of who you are or where you are from, if you are willing to learn and improve Coach will give you his 100%.
We train there together, motivate each other, care for each other and Get Stronger Together!
Iron Fitness Singapore is run by Coach Kelvin Quah, the first gym that specialize in Strength and Conditioning training in Singapore. Coach kelvin is very knowledgeable in strength training and proper rehabilitation that can help people who is looking to improve his performance in sports and people of any age who is looking to have a fitter lifestyle! To apply for a trial simply fill up the form below and i will get in touch with you!